- June 20, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: GST
This is to notify you all that, RBI through its Master Circular dated June 7th, 2018, has introduced Single Master Form (SMF) for all types of reporting in respect to Foreign Investment in India.
Implementation of the SMF means that all the Indian entities who have received Foreign Investment in past, have to report the total foreign Investment in a Specified Format. This reporting can be done online from 28th June to 12th July 2018.
In order to enable compliance of the above reporting, Entity needs to provide the below-mentioned information:
- Registration number, if any, as allotted by RBI (in case of FDI received by the company/LLP earlier)
- Whether the company/LLP is under investigation by Directorate of Enforcement/CBI or any other investigative agency for violation of FEMA, 1999
- A detailed List of Shareholders / Capital Contribution in LLP mentioning
- Status of the Shareholder: NRI/FPI/Others/Direct FDI/ Indirect FDI
- No of shares (on a fully diluted basis)
- Percentage Holding In case of non- compliance, Indian entities will not be able to receive further foreign investment and henceforth, will be defaulter under the provisions of the FEMA, 1999 and regulations made thereunder.
Here is the attached RBI Circular for your reference.